In the quest for more youthful-looking skin, people will try everything from the latest beauty products hitting the shelves to surgical procedures that may or may not work at all. Surprisingly, the best anti-aging ingredient might be one that’s found in our own bodies, as well as pipes, wiring and other household materials – copper!
Copper is one of the few trace minerals naturally found in our bodies, and among various other benefits, it plays an important role in skin and hair health. It’s been used in wound care for over 50 years and shows tremendous promise in other areas as well.
Copper and Your Skin
Copper aids with the development of collagen and elastin, which strengthen and tighten skin. It also helps with the production of hyaluronic acid, naturally plumping your skin to make it look and feel younger. That’s not all, though. It also fights infection and inflammation, as well as wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging.
Modern scientists might just be catching on to copper’s skincare benefits, but this precious metal has been considered the “fountain of youth” throughout history. Its anti-microbial powers have already been well-explored, but copper is also becoming a major ingredient in skin creams, serums and other beauty products, as well as naturally anti-aging fabrics.
Health Benefits of Copper-Infused Fabric
- Copper works with other anti-oxidants and minerals such as zinc and vitamin C to form elastin, which makes skin strong and supple.
- Copper is essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair, since it helps with the development of collagen as well as proper pigmentation.
- Copper boosts the elasticity of skin so it looks and feels firmer, and it can also help you fight wrinkles, fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
- Copper has powerful anti-microbial properties to fight acne, Athlete’s Foot, and other infections or inflammations caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Copper helps skin heal faster from injuries or surgery, rehydrates dry skin and contains natural anti-aging properties to help you look more youthful.
- Copper is easily metabolized by the body, unlike other heavy metals, so the risk of toxicity is very low with topical applications.
- Copper-infused clothing and accessories are a completely safe and natural way to treat your skin to this health-promoting mineral.
- Copper clothing can be used to treat specific concerns such as dry or smelly feet, poor circulation, cold hands and feet, varicose veins, and more.
- Copper-enhanced fabric in eye masks, pillows and bedlinen can help rejuvenate and refresh your skin while you sleep. That’s what we call beauty sleep!
Copper might just be the health miracle we’ve overlooked all our lives, especially in terms of skincare. It’s never too late, though. There’s still time to put the anti-aging and restorative powers of this precious metal to use. Check out the range of copper clothing and bedding at Copper Defence today!