Show Me The Copper: What makes our copper-infused face mask stand out?
August 27 2020
- We are here to provide our expertise and thoughts to help separate fact from fiction. What do you really need to know before making your decision is crucial. There is enough confusion from government and health bodies about whether to wear face coverings, face masks and non-medical face masks so let us try and help clear things up.
- There are a few types of copper masks on the market, but it is important to know who you are buying off and verify the credibility behind the science.
What makes Copper Clothing Different?
- We are at the forefront of research and development into the use of anti-microbial materials across sectors and not just recently launched because of Coronavirus.
- Our team of experts are working to build a new wave of products that have to be rigorously tested in order to meet strict regulatory guidelines. Subsequent to this very research and development we are finding applications of our technology into various everyday products from pyjamas which have been independently tested, destroying 99.999% of MRSA through to our fabric in the gloves which destroyed 99.99% of Bovine Coronavirus, part of the same family of viruses as SARS, MERS and COVID19, in under 10 minutes.
- Copper Clothing have been around long before COVID-19 and we are focused on showcasing the role our technology can play in helping protect people across the world against infections even after COVID-19.
- Copper is an essential trace element that is vital to the health of all living things. In humans, copper is essential to the proper functioning of organs and metabolic processes. It is completely safe and has been used throughout history.
- In February 2008, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved the registration of 275 antimicrobial copper alloys. By April 2011, that number expanded to 355. This permits public health claims that copper, brass and bronze are capable of killing harmful, potentially deadly bacteria. Copper is the first solid surface material to receive this type of EPA registration, which is supported by extensive antimicrobial efficacy testing.
- Heavy metals including gold and silver are antibacterial, but copper’s specific atomic makeup gives it extra killing power. Copper has a free electron in its outer orbital shell of electrons that easily takes part in oxidation-reduction reactions (which also makes the metal a good conductor). As a result, it becomes a “molecular oxygen grenade.” Silver and gold don’t have the free electron, so they are less reactive and therefore not as powerful as Copper in destroying bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Known worldwide copper resources are estimated at nearly 5.8 trillion pounds of which only about 0.7 trillion pounds (12%) have been mined throughout history... and nearly all of that is still in circulation, because copper's recycling rate is higher than that of any other engineering metal.
Cheaper is not Always Better
- Something unique which separates our mask from other masks in the market is the copper content. Every single thread in the first layer of our four-layer copper-infused face mask are infused with copper ions.
- When comparing copper-infused masks it is worthwhile understanding the level of copper content, this will not only impact the price but most importantly the effectiveness of the anti-microbial properties of the mask. The higher the copper content the more effective the product will be in destroying bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- We are very particular and want to ensure our customers know they have the best products on the market. Intertek, the leading LSE listed independent product testing company, carried out the test to showcase how much copper is in the first outer layer of the face mask.
- Click here to see independent lab test result by Intertek
Four-Layers of Protection
- We are a firm believer in more layers is better than one! Most other masks including copper alternatives are single layer 3-ply equivalents or double layer.
- Furthermore and perhaps most importantly, we have spent time sourcing each individual layer that makes up your copper-infused mask including using KN99 filtration material which was independently tested to show that over 99% filtration of particles.
- The KN99 filtration layer has been specially sourced to ensure that it does not impact the global required needed for front line healthcare workers.
- Click here to see our copper-infused face mask filtration certificate link
- Unlike other copper-infused face masks being sold, ours is built to provide an airtight seal to minimize inward leakage.
- The adjustable ear toggles and malleable metal strip that sits on the bridge of your nose are features to ensure the comforting fit and allow the mask to be tightened in order to create a more fitted mould around your face.
These are some of the special features which make this one of the most highly sort-after masks to help you get back to the new normal post lockdown as seen in wired.