Effective 25 May 2018
4. Data We May Collect In running and maintain the site we may collect certain information about you such as; your IP address, web logs, Cookie data, browser signature, performance and monitoring data, traffic data, locational data, and other information passed via HTTP automatically by your browser. By submitting a contact form on the website or by signing up to our services we may collect certain information about you such as; your full name, your email address, and additional information you voluntarily disclose to us. Some of this data can be considered as Personal Data such as your name, IP address, email etc. With any and all Personal Data this information will be stored securely and only kept when necessary such as to log into your account or provide a personalised experience. The Personal Data we collect will be held with us for as long as you use our services. Once annually all data that is not in use will be deleted from our systems along with all backups or archives unless we are required to keep it in accordance with any other applicable UK laws such as for tax or accounting reasons. Including the retention of any transaction details for 7 years from your order date.
5. Payment Information Any and all payment information supplied for your usage of our services will not be stored or processed by us. This data is processed securely and compliantly by Stripe (Stripe, Inc.). Your payment and order details are passed securely via HTTPS to Stripe upon you submitting your order.
8. Email Marketing We may use your information to conduct email marketing, including special product offers and Copper Clothing newsletters. We will only do this if you have specifically agreed to it via our website. Each email we send will also contain details to how you can opt-out of our email marketing services if you no longer wish to receive emails from us. Any marketing emails you receive will be from Copper Clothing directly and handled by a third party provider such as MailChimp, to allow us to provide a secure and high quality email marketing experience.
9. Storing Your Personal Data In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. More specifically the following companies are commonly used by us for storing your data; GoDaddy, Inc.(Website Hosting), Stripe, Inc.(Payment details), Alphabet, Inc.(Google Analytics), MailChimp, Inc. (Email Marketing). Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, however we take every reasonable step possible to ensure your data is safe. Be aware that sending such information is entirely at your own risk. Your data can be stored in multiple ways, we store your data on our website to allow you to use and access your account and our services. We also store your data on an online secure cloud backup to help re-establish all of our user accounts should we ever access a loss of data or data breach to recover any lost or potentially infected data. We will only ever store data that is a maximum of 12-months old to help maintain accurate record keeping, when data has not been used for a 12-month period it will be deleted or archived from our active records as we believe after this time data will no longer be relevant or required in providing our services. Your data will be archived in circumstances where it is required to be retained under any other EU laws, when this does not apply the data will be deleted.
10. Details of Data Transfer Your data will only ever be transferred via secure methods to ensure that your data is as safe as possible and never knowingly or negligently passed to any unwarranted third parties, we generally transport your data via a secured HTTPS connection, via TCP secured email, or via SFTP for the purpose of backing up your data. Your data will never be willingly passed to any individual/organisations/companies that to not comply with the GDPR in full.
11. Accurate Record Keeping We try our hardest to only keep accurate records of any Personal Data we store, if you ever need to update any of your information we hold this can be done via your account settings. Any data we hold that has not been accessed within the previous 12 months will be automatically archived or deleted as noted in section 8 above.
12. Automated Decision Making Copper Clothing does not currently use automated decision making as part of its processes, however Stripe may use this technology to help prevent fraud on card transactions so by submitting an order you may be subject to automated decision making by Stripe.